Part I Listening Comprehension
Directions: This part is to test your listening ability .It consists of 3
Now the test will begin.
1. A) Never mind.
B) Thanks a lot.
C) Yes，of course.
D) With pleasure.
2. A) Hold on，please.
B) It’s interesting.
C) That’s nothing.
D) He’s all fight.
3. A) Next month.
B) So long.
C) Very funny
D) Two weeks.
4. A) It’s too late.
B) Yes，it is.
C) Take it easy.
D) It doesn’t matter
5. A) Of course.
B) You are welcome.
C) It was excellent.
D) Yes, l do.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to understand short
dialogues. There are 5 recorded dialogues in it. After each dialogue, there is a
recorded question. Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken two times.
When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4
choices marked A), B), C) and D) given in your test paper. Then you should mark
the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the
6. A) 11：00.
7. A) To see the woman.
B) To send the e-mail.
C) To go to the bank.
D) To write a letter.
8. A) The woman will drive tonight.
B) The woman doesn’t like fruit.
C) The woman has given up smoking.
D) The woman is leaving now.
9. A) In a bank.
B) In a restaurant.
C) In a hospital.
D) In a bookstore.
10. A) Tell her the price.
B) Wait for a while.
C) Examine her computer.
D) Go shopping with her.
Directions: In this section you will hear a recorded short passage. The
passage is printed in the test paper, but with some words or phrases missing.
The passage will be read three times. During the second reading, you are
required to put the missing words or phrases on the Answer Sheet in order of the
numbered blanks according to what you hear. The third reading is for you to
check your writing. Now the passage will begin.
Hello, everyone. This is the captain(机长)speaking -11- to Flight JK900
leaving for Chicago. Our flight time today is 2 hours and 35 minutes，and we will
be flying at an average altitude(高度)of 31，000 feet. The -12- in Chicago is a
quarter past twelve，and the current weather is cloudy，but there is a chance of
-13- later in the day. We will -14- at Gate 7 at the Chicago airport. On behalf
of our Airlines, I wish you an enjoyable-15- in Chicago. Sit back and enjoy the
11.Welcome 12.local time 13.rain 14.arrive 15.stay
Part II Vocabulary & Structure
Directions: This part is to test your ability to use words and phrases
correctly to construct meaningful and grammatically correct sentences. It
consists of 2 sections.
Directions: There are 10 incomplete statements here. You are required to
complete each statement by choosing the appropriate answer from the 4 choices
marked A), B), C) and D). You should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer
Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. What are the essential differences ___________ selling and
17. Jack called the airline to ___________his flight to beijing this
18. It was in the year of 2002___________they set up a branch company in
19. You’d better ___________advice before making a project plan.
A) put down
B) take in
C) turn out
D) ask for
20. Young people now live a life-style ___________their parents could
hardly dream of.
21. While traveling in France, he __________some everyday French.
A) gave up
B) picked up
C) drew up
D) got up
22. Hardly __________ at the office when the telephone rang.
A) I arrived
B) I had arrived
C) did I arrive
D) had I arrived
23. To work __________with the machine，you must read the instructions
24. We’ll have to continue the discussion tomorrow __________we can make a
final decision today.
25. If you have three years’ work experience，you will be the right ______
for this job.
Directions: There are also 10 incomplete statements here. You should fill
in each blank with the proper form of the word given in brackets. Write the word
or words in the corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.
26. It is reported that the sports meet was
27. Some people think (much)__________about their rights than about their
28. It is reported that foreign car sales in the country (rise)__________by
8% last year.
29. The adviser recommended that Mary(start)_______ the training program as
soon as possible.
30. The job pays well and you get a 20 - day holiday a year, it’s certainly
31. It (announce)______yesterday that the game wsa to start in a week.
32. Because man people will come to the meeting, we need some (addition)
33. No reader is allowed(take)__________any reference book out of the
34. The course is designed to provide a general introduction to computers
35. We’ve only got one day in Paris，so we’d better(make)____the best use of
26.successfully 27.more 28.rose 29.(should)start 30.attractive
31.was announced 32.additional 33.to take 34.practical 35.make
Part III Reading Comprehension
Directions: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 5 tasks
for you to fulfill. You should read the reading materials carefully and do the
tasks as you are instructed.
Directions: After reading the following passage, you will find 5 questions
or unfinished statements, numbered 36 to 40. For each question or statement
there are 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D). You should make the correct choice
and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through
Subways are underground trains，which usually operate 24 hours a day. They
are found in larger cities and usually run between the suburbs and the downtown
area. Maps and schedules are available from the ticket of rice. If you take the
subway often，you can save money by purchasing a monthly pass(月票).
City-operated buses run on various routes(线路)and are designed to be at
certain places at certain times. Maps and schedules may be posted at certain
stops，or they may be available at local banks，libraries，the student union，or
from the bus drivers. Buses run mainly during the day. Fare is paid by exact
change in coins, or by monthly passes.
Taxis are generally more expensive in the United States than in other
countries. If you use a taxi，be sure you ask the amount of the fare before you
agree to ride. The driver usually expects a tip(小费)of 15 percent of the
36. According to the passage, subways as underground trains, which usually
A) within downtown areas
B) away from city centers
C) in or outside big modern cities
D) between suburbs and city centers
37. You can get the maps and schedules of the subways________.
A) at bus stations
B) at local banks
C) in any bookstores
D) from the ticket offices
38. From the passage we learn that________.
A) buses are always available in 24 hours
B) bus riders have to buy monthly passes
C) bus fare is paid by exact change in coins
D) buses are the best means of transportation
39. When you take a taxi, you’d better________.
A) buy a monthly pass
B) ask about the fare first
C) agree on the amount of the tip
D) pay by the exact change in coins
40. The passage mainly tells us about________.
A) the bus and train fares in the US
B) the ways of paying taxi in the US
C) the public transportation in the US
D) the advantage of subways in the US
Directions: This task is the same as Task 1. The 5 questions or unfinished
statements are numbered 41 to 45.
I am going to give a dinner party next month. I want my guests to enjoy
themselves and to feel comfortable. What is the secret of giving a successful
Cook something that would let you spend time with your guests，If a guest
offers to help you in the kitchen，accept the offer. It often makes people feel
more comfortable when they can help.
Before serving dinner，while your guests make small talks in the living
room，offer them drinks. Some guests may like wine，but make sure to provide soft
drinks for people who don’t.
At the dinner table，let your guests serve themselves. Offer them a second
serving after they finish, but don’t ask more than once. Most guests will take
more if they want.
Perhaps the most important rule of all is to be natural. Treat your guests
as you want them to treat you when you’re in their home—that is，act naturally
toward them，and don’t try too hard to be polite. Have a good time in a pleasant
41. From the first letter we learn that Mary ________ .
A) is asking for advice on giving a dinner party
B) knows the secret of giving a pleasant party
C) is going to attend a dinner party
D) has successfully held a party
42. Ann’s first piece of advice is that Mary should________.
A) get the food ready before the guests arrive
B) keep the guests away from the kitchen
C) spend some time with the guests
D) accept the guests’ offer to help
43. Ann suggests that Mary offer drinks________.
A) while the guests are having small talks
B) when all the guests have arrived
C) after the guests finish small talks
D) after the dinner comes to an end
44. When having dinner，the guests are expected to________.
A) eat their food slowly
B) help the host serve food
C) serve each other at the table
D) help themselves to more food
45. The most important rule for Mary to follow in treating her guests is
A) be as polite as she can
B) let them feel at home
C) prepare delicious food
D) create a formal atmosphere
Directions: The following is a letter. After reading it, you should
complete the information by filling in the blanks marked 46 through 50 in no
more than 3 words in the table below.
E-mail or call Tip Line(举报热线)
Have you seen a crime being committed(犯罪)on a bus，train，or near a bus
stop，or train station? If you do，email US or call Tip Line.
If you would rather give your information by telephone，call the Police Tip
Line at 612-349-7222.You can leave information anonymously(匿名地)or leave your
name and phone number and an officer will call you back.
Call and officer
You can speak directly to any Police Department staff member who receives
the call weekdays.8：00 to 16：00. Call 612-349—7200.
Contact the Chief
If you haven’t received any reply to your Tip Line information for half a
day，directly call 612-349-7I00 or email：firstname.lastname@example.org
Report on a Crime
Use Tip Line
1. Tip Line number：612-349-7222
2. Ways of reporting：
1) Give -46- anonymously;
2) Leave your name and telephone number，and wait for an officer to -47-
Call the Police Directly
1. Service time：weekdays, -48-
2. Telephone number: -49-
Contact the Chief
1. Reason：receiving no reply to your Tip Line information for -50-
2. Telephone number：612-349-7100
答案：46.information 47.call you back 48. 8:00 to 16:00 49.612-349-7200
50.half a day
Directions: The following is part of an index (索引). After reading it, you
are required to find the items equivalent to (与…等同) those given in Chinese in
the table below. Then you should put the corresponding letters in the brackets
on the Answer Sheet, numbered 51 through 55.
Examples：(A) 微风 (O)台风
51.( )天气放晴( )大雪
52.( )温度( )局部多云
53.( )东南风( )小雨
54.( )有雾( )海面大浪
55.( )天气干燥( )暴风雨
答案：51.C,F 52.M,I 53.K,H 54.E,G 55.D,L
Directions: The following are two advertisements. After reading them, you
are required to complete the statements that follow the questions (No.56 to
No.60). You should write your answers in no more than 3 words on the
corresponding Answer Sheet.
Personal Assistant To Sales Manager
We are a small but growing computer software company. We are looking for
someone to assist the manager of the sales department in dealing with foreign
customers and orders from abroad. If you know English well and have previous
experience in this job，and between 2 1 and 30，please writer US a short letter
giving details of your previous jobs，current employment，etc. Some knowledge of
Spanish and Italian would be an advantage.
23 Alfred Street
Part time Drivers
King County Metro is Hiring Part-Time Bus Drivers
Great Pay! Great Bendfits!
Start at$14.50 an hour.
Plus paid vacation and sick leave，paid training
Must be 2 1 years or older，have a Washington State driver’s license
and acceptable driving record.
Or log on(登录)to www.metrokc.gov/ohrm
56. In the first ad. which department in the company is seeking an
assistant to its manage?
57. What is the major responsibility of the assistant manager?
Dealing foreign customers and orders___________.
58. What is mentioned as an advantage for the application in Ad l?
Some knowledge of______________________________.
59. What is the age limit for the position of the part-time bus drivers in
______________________________years or older.
60. What kind of driver’s license should the candidates have in order to
get the position?
They should have a__________ driver’s license.
答案：56.the sales department 57.from abroad 58.Spanish and Italian 59. 21
Part IV Translation —— English into Chinese
Directions: This part, numbered 61 to 65, is to test your ability to
translate English into Chinese. Each of the four sentences (N0.61 to No.64) is
followed by four choices of suggested translation marked A), B), C) and D). Make
the best choice and write the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet. Write
your translation of the paragraph (No.65) in the corresponding space on the
61. This matter is so important that it should not be left in the hands of
and inexperienced lawyer.
62. No matter how hard I tried to explain how to operate the machine, they
were still at a loss.
63. We accept returns or exchanges within 30 days from the date of the
purchase of these cell phones.
64. Good managers can create an environment in which different opinions are
valued and everyone works together for a common goal.
65: If you want to get a driver’s license, you will have to apply at a
driver’s license office. There you will be required to take a written test for
driving in that area. You will also need to pass an eye test. If you need
glasses, make sure you wear them. In addition，you must pass an actual driving
test. If you fail the written or driving tests， you can take them again on
Part V Writing
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You
are required to write a letter of thanks based on the following information
given in Chinese. Remember to do your writing on the Translation/ Composition
说明：假定你是Hongxia Trading Company的雇员王东，给客户Mr. Baker发一封电子邮件。
Words for Reference
机场大巴 shuttle bus