1. We have been greatly encouraged by Lei Feng's example.
2. Smoking is not permitted in this theatre. 3. How the steel was
4. Robert Finn was dismissed by the boss of the factory.
5. If Cowperwood were convicted, Stener needs must be.
6. The story will be continued in our next month's issue.
7. Has the work been finished ahead of time?
[注] 阅读时不要把含有by的成语当成施动者，如：by hand(用手)by itself(独自)by storm(突然)by air(乘飞机)例如：
"Many years ago a great castle in Holland was taken by storm. The enemies
entered the castle…"
1. He got killed in the war. 2. The boy got hurt on his way home from
3. This story eventually got translated into English. 4. He got dismissed.
5. He got plucked. 6. He got drowned last year. 7. I don't want to get mixed up
with the police again.
句型[主语+be+形容词+to be +过去分词+其他]
1. She is bound to be received warmly. 2. We are liable to be overheard
3. He is not likely to have been notified about it. 4. Cast iron is apt to
5. Everything that is good is sure to be praised and everything bad is sure
to be exposed.
6. He was unlucky to be hurt.
1. He seemed to be shut up in himself like a shellfish. 2. Is it to be sung
3. "Would you like to be taught Latin?" - I asked.
4. She asked to be sent to work in the countryside.
5. He preferred to be assigned something more difficult to do.
1. He was often spoken about. 2. He was well looked after. 3. That man can
be relied upon.
4. This idea was put forward by Mr. Wheatley. 5. Children are well taken
care of in the nurseries.
[附注1] 表示被动行为的施动者主要用by，但也有用with, 不过with已近于表示行为的工具，后面不能接人的名词，如：I was much
impressed with the beauty of the music. He is deeply impressed with your
He was killed with a bullet. I was struck with an idea.
like herself to be praised like that. 这种被动意义的非谓语成分主要由下了词语表达出来：
It is an honor for me to be invited to take part in the meeting.
He wanted the letter to be typed at once. She was the first woman to have
been elected to such a post.
2) 被动分词在句中作定语、复合宾语等。He told us to keep a secret of the things being
The goods ordered last month have not arrived yet. You'll find the topic
being discussed everywhere.
The speech made by the Prime Minister yesterday delighted his
3) 被动动名词。I had the honor of being elected His being neglected by the host
added to his uneasiness.
(2) 一般疑问句作宾语从句时，其结构为whether / if +陈述句。原一般疑问句的主语前如果是助动词do / does /
did，应去掉，谓语动词应改为其相应的形式;原一般疑问句的主语前如果是don’t / doesn’t /
Does he like apples? I don’t know. ----- I don’t know whether he likes
He asks: Is Tom a diver? ----- He asks whether Tom is a driver.
(3) 特殊疑问句作宾语从句时， 如果疑问词作主语或主语的定语，其语序不用变化;如果疑问词充当其他句子成分，则宾语从句的结构为连接代词 /
Who can answer the question? I want to know. ----- I want to know who can
answer the question.
Whose book is on the desk? We all know. ----- We all know whose book is on
When will they arrive? Please tell us. ----- Please tell us when they will
He said (that) it was cold in Moscow. Mother knows (that) Jim will work
I want to know if / whether the answer is right. Lucy asked if / whether
they had a cheaper shirt.
Please tell him which class you are in. He asked me whom I was waiting
Could you tell me where the post office is? Please ask the teacher how we
can get there.
①. 副词修饰动词时，通常可以放在句首、句中或句末。如：Usually I do my homework in the evening. (句首)
通常我晚上做家庭作业。 I often get up at six. (句中) 我常在6点起床。Please speak slowly. (句末)
注意：频度副词通常置于系动词、情态动词、助动词之后，实义动词之前。例如： Mary is always late for the
meeting.?玛丽开会老是迟到。We must always remember our friends.我们必须牢记我们的朋友。?
I have never been to London. 我从未去过伦敦。My mother often does morning exercises
in the morning.我妈妈经常在早上做早操。?
②. 副词修饰形容词或副词时，通常放在形容词或副词的前面，但也有例外。如：These flowers are quite beautiful.
(在形容词前) 这些花相当漂亮。 He works very hard. (在副词前)他工作很努力。 She is old enough to go to
A.副词very 可以修饰形容词，但不能修饰动词。 例如：(错) I very like English. (对) I like English
B.副词enough应放在所修饰的形容词、副词或动词的后面，形容词enough放在名词前后都可。例如：The boy is old enough to
go to school.这个男孩到上学的年龄了。I know him well enough. 我非常了解他。
He didn't get up early enough to catch the early bus. 他起床不够早，没有赶上早班车。
quite/rather a good player=a very good player.一个相当不错的球员。
③. 按一般规则，如果有几个时间状语，单位大的应放在单位小的后面。如：The film will begin at seven o'clock
this evening. 电影今晚7点开演。 I was born at two o'clock on the morning of May15.
④. 按一般规则, 既有地点状语又有时间状语时，地点状语应放在时间状语之前。如：We had a meeting in the classroom
yesterday afternoon. 我们昨天下午在教室开了一个会。 He watched TV at home last night.